My wife and I celebrated our 12th anniversary last weekend. Anniversaries are a great time to reflect on how far you’ve come, and for us, we’ve really come a long way, financially. Our biggest accomplishment is this was the first anniversary celebrated debt free.
We married with debt, accumulated more when I went back to school, and struggled for a number of years to get enough traction to finally get out. As great as that accomplishment was for us, it’s nowhere near as important as the birth of our kids – which ranks as the happiest moments of our first twelve years together.
The Frugal Roundup
Real Estate Agents: Why You Rarely Get What You Pay For. Len takes a look at Realtor commissions and how he thinks they are a little pricey for what you get . (@Len Penzo)
Best of the Rest
- 10 Tips For a Tremendous Life
- Battling the Urge to “Keep Up With the Jones”
- 10 Ways to Save Money and Earth
- Helping a Friend in Need
- How to Ask For a Raise
- How Much Do You Really Spend?
- Recurrent Greed
- Approaching My Financial Scary Age
- Buying a Car At An Auto Auction
- College Graduate Money Tips
- Payday Loans – Ripping You Off One Fee At a Time
- Wipe Away Debt With Debt Snowflakes
- The Biggest Threat to Your Savings Account